Saturday, October 6, 2012


Brain Power

Hi everyone, welcome to my first blog post. Long before I started writing for publication, I used to create stories as I drifted off to sleep. I thought of them as my moonlight novellas, if you will. Naturally, they were R rated tales featuring an array of male hotties, who might turn out to be a shapeshifter, a wizard or a God.

Now that I write professionally, I do most of my visualization sitting in my comfy office chair. Then again, as I frequently dream about plot problems that dogged me during the day, I keep a notebook and pencil on my bedside table.  Luckily, I took shorthand so most of the scribbling makes sense in the morning.

I imagine most of you have fixed problems while you’re half-asleep, or woken up with a solution without knowing where the idea came from? Scientists tell us  the average person uses a mere 10 per cent of their brain’s capacity. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment